Thursday, August 18, 2005

Jeff: Thanks for clearing that up, Sam!

Did you think I was just making wild assumptions about what a terrible trade that was for the Wolves? Of course not! Why, just ask Sam Cassell what he thinks of getting traded to the Clippers! He tells all in an interview with Steve Aschburner of the startrib , and backs up my point on what a terrible trade this was.

"If they think Marko Jaric is a replacement for me, they're out of their minds," Cassell said of the Wolves management. "I'm happy for him. I'm happy he got paid. But that's not an upgrade. As players, we know."

- Right you are, Sammy!

"Minnesota never got out of the first round until I got there," Cassell said. "Then when I got hurt, everybody knew [my value]. I don't take things personally. I know I was accused [of selfishness]. Spree and I came in as 'rebels.' But they had to blame somebody."

- Um, ok hold on a second there, Sammy. I was with you on the whole "I'm worth more than Marko thing", but this? First of all, if Minny's point guards hadn't gotten hurt the previous 2 seasons, they would have gotten out of the first round. And knowing your value when you got hurt? You were healthy most of last year and the team still sucked, and the fact you were whining about a new contract for one decent season before the year even started? Well I think that whining and your on-court performance gave us a pretty good idea of your value. As did the fact McHale couldn't trade you for a pair of sweaty gym sock (Ok, ok, bad example since "trading" "drafting" or "being a GM" isnt really one of McHale's strong points). And as for looking for somebody to blame for last year? They DID blame somebody and it wasn't you or your good buddy Spree- it was Flip Saunders, one of the best coaches in the NBA! Yeah your genius boss McHale decided to throw his supposed best friend under the bus because the alternative, which would have been shipping the real problems, you and Spree, out of town on the first bus, train, or scooter, would have reflected poorly on ol' Kev. Boy hopefully you can redeem yourself with one last comment here, because with talk like that, I'm almost thinking that as bad as that deal was, it's just good to get rid of you.

"I'm going to have a hell of a year," Cassell said. "That's not even my concern. I just wish it was with my main man, Kevin Garnett. We made each other better. He made me an All-Star; I made him an MVP."

Whoa whoa whoa did you just say you MADE KG an MVP? Really? Hmmmm you know on second thought, Sammy, don't let the door hit you on the back of that alien-looking-head of yours on the way to LA.

No comments: