* The Olympics are officially over. Of course for me, they ended last Wednesday when Canada's hockey team lost. Bad Olympics for North American hockey, but good for North American athletes: USA finished 2nd in the medal count with 25, and Canada finished 3rd with 24. Glorious.
* On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being really hot, ice dancer Tanith Belbin is like a 472. She's also Canadian.
* So KG hit a fan in the face with a basketball yesterday. After a bad call, a frustrated KG threw the ball into the stands in frustration, and hit some poor guy right in the kisser. No truth to the rumor KG thought the guy was Kevin McHale.
*By the way, I guess it's Target Center policy that any fan that's injured has to get carted off on a stretcher, no matter what the injury. The TC crowd booed the guy as he was being carted out. What is this, Philly?
*Speaking of booing, the dumbest move by a fan base last week comes from Cleveland Cavaliers fans booing Lebron James as the Cavs got spanked again by Detwah. Um people? You don't live in Miami or LA or New York. Drew Carey has to be the only person alive who really believes that "Cleveland Rocks". If you guys feel that way about Lebron, trust me, there's 29 other NBA cities that would gladly take him.
* Went to the Wolves/Nuggets game Friday night (big thanks to Megdan- I MEAN Megan & Dan, for the ticket. BTW I saw Dan twice this weekend! TWICE! My mind was officially blown!). Great game, great crowd, but the Wolves could not stop Carmelo (25 pts through 3 quarters, finished with 30). I do believe I mentioned this in the "T25U25" but Melo is coming along quite nicely, thank you. He was hitting shots from all over, and his baseline spin for a two-hand dunk right on Blount was filthy. I am still surprised at how explosive Melo is. Is it possible to be "deceptively explosive?" Because he is. Oh and the three he hit to win the game in overtime, buried in the corner with Trenton Hassell draped all over him, was as clutch as it gets. Melo may beat Lebron to the Finals yet.
* As good as Melo was, the one Nugget I would really like to see in Minnesota is GM Kiki Vandeweigh (or however you spell it). When Kiki took over the Nuggs, they were as cap-strapped and hopeless as the Wolves are now. He completely rebuilt them into the contender they are today (and yes getting Melo in the draft helps). He could be the one guy that could save the Wolves and keep KG, and because of a conflict with the Nuggets owner, he won't be back in Denver next year. But of course that would actually mean firing McHale, and we know there's a better chance of a 90 degree day in February here than that happening.
* Don't have an exact date here, but wanted to give you the heads up that some time this month you WILL be seeing the First Annual MWSR NFL Mock Draft (or at least the 1st round). Plan your lives accordingly, take time off work, quit work, hell do whatever you have to do. We just want you to be prepared for that life-altering event. For those that doubt us, what makes us think we can publish our very own mock draft? We both have the NFL Network. Duh.
* Finally, I'm starting a new thing in the Musings called the "Music of the Musings" or some crap like that, I don't know I was never very good at titles. Anywho, the point is I always have songs running through my head (the Jer was subjected to it Saturday night), and I thought I'd take this space to share a few that I've been enjoying over the week. Feel free to contribute your own. Here's my three for the week...
"Tulips"- Bloc Party
"Blue Orchid"- The White Stripes
"Folsom Prison Blues"- Johnny Cash (from the Love, God & Murder cd)
Gleeman and The Geek #337: Wild Card Postgame Show
3 months ago