Thursday, February 16, 2006

Jeremy:... Why not? Thursday too.

*I was watching some Olympic coverage and I saw some highlights of the men's doubles luge event. Have you seen this? Were you like me, did you feel uncomfortable when you saw it? I'm not sure what would be worse, being the guy on top, or the guy on the bottom. I can't, of course, confirm this, but I heard there's a rumor flying around the internet that during the next Winter Olympics they are going to change the name of the event to Brokeback Luge.

*Can the NFL force owners into retirement? Because I think that this is the best option for Raiders owner Al Davis. I'm glad that Art Shell got another chance to coach an NFL team, even if it is the same team that he coached in his first stint in which he was run out of town for no apparent reason, but he was Davis' last choice. It's like all of the available coaches were lined up for a kickball game, the good ones got chosen early, and the rest decided to go play on the jungle-gym or the swings when they realized the only spot left was the Raiders. Except for Art Shell, who was still standing there hoping to get picked to play. Like I said concerning Davis, at this point nobody wants to coach for the guy, pretty soon nobody is going to want to play for the guy, and the only reason he still has an NFL team at all is because his fan base is a bunch of belligerent drunks who just like wearing black and having an excuse to get drunk and paint their faces, and who apparently have a ridiculous amount of disposable income.

*I can't quite decide what to make of the whole Daunte Culpeppar situation. On the one hand, if the guy wants out, I don't blame him. He is playing in the ONE market in the entire country that doesn't see him as one of the top 5 quarterbacks in the league. On the other hand, the guy is really forcing the Vikings to make a decision that they shouldn't have to make until they see the way his knee is going to hold up. I'm not excited about the prospect of Brad Johnson being our only option for a starting quarterback going into next season. If they Vikings do trade Daunte I won't be heartbroken, but they best get something better in return than they got for Moss.

No comments: