Friday, July 21, 2006

Jeremy: Quickly

*The Twins have won their last 7 games (all at home) and yet it seems like nobody is holding out any hope that they will win this weekend's series in Cleveland. (By the way, count me as one of those people who holds out no hope that they will win the series in Cleveland this weekend.) Until they Twinks start proving that they can win on the road, instead of the current trend of only being able to prove that they can lose on the road, nobody is going to take them seriously as a contender. This shouldn't be the case for a team that is suddenly only 4 games out of the American League Wild Card position.

*I realize that I'm a homer of the most rubish kind, and I normally don't talk about any other teams in the NFL besides the Vikings, but here's something that threw me off this morning: Chris Brown wants out of Tennessee, and in the words of Jeffrick, "can't blame him." Remember just a couple of years ago when the Titans were one of the top teams and near the top of the AFC, it seemed like, every year? Steve McNair was a top 5 quarterback, Eddie George was a top 5 runnings back... what happened to these guys? Suddenly they are relying on two rookies to bolster their offense? Did you know that both Travis Henry and Chris Brown are under 30 years old? Why is it that they both seem ancient?

*NFL line of the week, from Jason Whitlock's 10 NFL Truths column: 9. Brett Favre will regret his decision to return to the Packers by Week 4, when John Madden won't be around on "Monday Night Football" to explain away Favre's terrible performance against the Eagles.

*Something deep down inside of me wants to see Tiger Woods struggle. I can't explain it, but something in me wants to see Tiger lose week after week, and I don't even care who beats him. I used to feel this way about the Bulls, there was really no reason that I could come up with that I wanted to see MJ and the Bulls NOT win championship after championship, I just didn't. And I just don't want to see Tiger win either. Maybe it's because I like parity in sports so much, the same reason I love the NFL so much, but I know it's not rational, and I am sorry. For me, I feel toward Tiger Woods a little bit like Wes Mantooth felt toward Ron Burgundy in "Anchorman," I don't like Tiger Woods, but damnit do I ever respect him!

*I did not watch one single minute of World Cup Soccor on purpose. I might be the only person in America that didn't become a bigger soccor fan after the World Cup.

*This will be the only time I write about Danica Patrick and her back-and-forth dance with NASCAR... I DON'T CARE!

No comments: