Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Jeremy: Hit or Miss

* Indiana head football coach Terry Hoeppner died from complications of the brain tumor he has been battling. Hoeppner was trying, and beginning to succeed, with positivity and a winning attitude, at reviving the Indiana football program.
I don't know much about Hoeppner, but I remember signing day in 2006, when Hoeppner was excited about his incoming recruiting class and was beaming about the prospects, meanwhile, Glen Mason was playing the "we can't get the blue-chippers from the big boys" card. Ever since then I knew Hoeppner had a chance at Indiana. It's too bad to see a positive force like him go.

* Just in case you missed it, Johan Santana was up to his old tricks last night. JoJo threw a complete game, 4-hit shutout against the Mets in Shea Stadium. And, oh by the way, Johan also had a double at the plate. Who says pitchers can't hit?
He was 6-6 going into the game. Here's what's interesting to me: when Santana has an off night, he's still one of the best pitchers in the game, but he never gets ANY run support on those nights. But when he's light's out, like last night, he gets 9 runs. I think Gardie is a damn good manager, but he needs to figure out this batting order and figure it out soon. The team is just not consistent at the plate right now.

* Trade rumors are beginning to swirl again about KG, and this time the league is confirming that talks are taking place. I've gone back and forth on the KG matter, as has been well chronicled on Midwest Sports Rubes. Of course I'm a Minnesota guy, but I've been a Garnett fan pretty much as long as I've been a T'Wolves fan, and clearly KG has taken care of his business as a ball player much better than the Wolves have as a team. I will always be a fan of KG, no matter where he plays, and no matter how hard that will be. And I will certainly be skeptical of ANY moves the Wolves make this off-season, whether they involve KG or not, since history shows that is the appropriate reaction.

No comments: