Friday, July 08, 2005

Jeremy: Let's Do The Random

It's been awhile I know, but I promise you, sports has been in the top 7 things on my mind. I've got a lot that's swishing around in my head regarding the sporting world, so here we go.

*My cousin called me tonight. He's in Ann Arbor, Michigan for the summer working on a turtle project. Yep, he's one of those turtle guys. (On a side note, when it comes to my cousin, I'm like a proud older brother. I am so proud of that kid and everything he does. You should all be so lucky to know him like I do.) Anyway, he was at a bar in Ann Arbor today called "The Little Brown Jug." For those who don't understand why this is significant, please leave this site immediately and never return. I suddenly have the Minnesota Fight song in my head, and it, my friends, is a lovely feeling.

*Are you like me? Are you still waiting for the White Sox to come back down to earth so that the fine baseball the Twins have been playing will allow them to catch up? Isn't it sad when your team wins 8 out of 10 games and they are only able to make up a game and a half? The Sox are unconscious right now. They can't keep it up. Can they?

*I've decided that the best word to describe the Timberwolves organization is "dysfunctional." I looked up the true definition of the word: "abnormal or impaired in functioning, especially of a ... social group." Does that not describe the Woofies to a T? A dysfunctional family, for instance, has to have a dysfunctional father. Kevin McHale (or as Jeff calls him, the Big Ugly Sweater) is that dysfunctional father. Maybe schizophrenic is a good word too. I have an idea, let's bring in a draft consultant (Rex Chapman) 24 hours before the draft. What? Really? Am I wrong here? What did I miss?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When was the last time the Gophs had the Little Brown Jug? BURN!!!Wait crap, I'm going to be a Gophs season ticket holder soon. Need to stop cheering for Michigan. Need...to...stop...

M...I...N...N...E...S...O...T...A
MINNESOTA! MINNESOTA! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH GOPHERS!!!!!

There that's better. Hey did you see Scony sold out all their home games? The new TCF stadium or whatever it is can't come fast enough. I'm rambling, sorry, but just glad to have you back, Jer.

Jeff