Friday, June 02, 2006

Jeremy: IDIOT!!!

Maybe I'm slow... okay, I know for sure that I'm slow, but I didn't know this little factoid that I read in Sid's column today: In the 2003 draft, "(Josh)Howard was available when the Wolves selected Ndudi Ibi at No. 26. The Mavericks ended up taking Howard at No. 29." Yeah, Josh Howard, the guy who just happens to be tearing it up in the playoffs for the Mavs right now. Ouch!
This proves once again that Kevin McHale is an idiot. He chose an unproven project in Ebi (who by the way isn't even on the team anymore, or in the league, ANYWHERE), over a college player who had proven his worth against some top college talent in Howard.
Here is a snipit of a recent conversation that Jeffrick and I had on Google Chat (which we both use to avoid work):
me: i'm not sure mchale is smart enough to draft anyone but a foreign guy we've never heard of.
what if (rudy) gay and (adam) morrison are both there (when the Wolves pick #6 in this years draft)?
Jeff: or a Big 10 player
(I'd) take Rudy
I could come to regret that but take Rudy
I love Rudy after the 5th pick, because the pressure's off of him
me: i think i'm more comfortable with him
Jeff: as peeps have said all year, Rudy's got the stuff to be a star
it's just a question of whether he has the drive. Hello KG!!
that's why I don't think Rudy will get past Charlotte. His workouts will be good, and they'll forget all about his work ethic
me: excellent point
like i said, i just think we are going to end up with a foreign guy that we've never heard of who will not play...EVER.
Jeff: or a 7'0 white guy who'll never play
me: I HATE MCHALE
Jeff: understatement of the year

Honestly, we have a lottery pick for the first time in how long? The 6th overall pick, and both Jeff and I have literally ZERO confidence that McHale is going to bring somebody in with that pick that will make an impact at all, let alone an immediate impact.
A better option might be to try to trade that #6 pick for a proven veteran, but it doesn't even matter that that might be a better option, because there's no doubt that McHale would mess that up too.
I'm at the point where I'm not sure it's even worth cheering for the Timberwolves anymore as long as McHale is at the helm. You have no idea how it pains to me have just typed that.

No comments: