Monday, March 19, 2007

Jeremy: Smell 'Em

Okay, quick story...
I was at Cub Foods yesterday with my special lady friend, doing a wee bit of grocery shopping. Cub often sells a bit of local sports swag: I have found Gopher floor mats for my truck there, and a Gopher rug that looks like a football field. Currently Cub is selling Twins memorabilia with the popular catch phrase "Smell 'Em," a phrase coined by catcher Mike Redmond, short for "Smell those runs."
So we're walking past the display for the "Smell 'Em" hats and t-shirts, and I see one of the funniest things I've seen in a long long time. A well-dressed middle-aged man was standing there, with a "Smell 'Em" hat in his hand, and he was... you guessed it!!! SMELLING THE HAT!!!
Now, one can't be sure if the man was smelling the hat because the words on it had prompted him to do so, or if the hat was giving off some kind of odor which caused him to do so. I prefer to think that he was smelling it because the hat said to smell 'em.
Either way, I got a good hearty laugh at this man's expense.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope those hats don't smell like the runs.