Thursday, April 19, 2007

Jeremy: Familiar Territory

Well folks, welcome back to 2006, when Kevin McHale said he was going to stick around and make things better. We all know how that turned out: 32-50. And oh, by the way, the 20-20 season that Dwayne Casey had put together was supposed to get better with Whitman right? How many wins did Whit pull together? Oh yeah, 12.
So McHale is coming back, and Jeff IM's me and we have this conversation that pretty much sums it up for me:
Jeff says (3:34 PM):
so are you going to rant on the blog about McHale/Taylor?
Jeremy Miller x5032 says (3:35 PM):
i suppose i should, but I just don't know if my heart is in it anymore
Jeff says (3:35 PM):
i don't blame you
Jeremy Miller x5032 says (3:35 PM):
it's depressing
Jeff says (3:35 PM):
to say the least

And that really does sum it all up for me. I just don't know if I have the heart to continue to invest in the Wolves as long as Kevin McHale is around. He has driven this franchise so far into the ground with bad acquisitions, and then piled dirt on top of it with a slew of horrible long-term contracts, that I don't think it's worth investing in the franchise as long as he's making the decisions. The worst part is that he's taken all of us down with him.
And I'm not sure what's worse: the fact that McHale doesn't know when to throw in the towel, or that Glen Taylor doesn't have the sack to throw the towel at him.
"The fans are frustrated, and they should be... It's been three consecutive bad seasons... There's a frustration level ... but I don't want to walk away with the team in this state...Unfortunately, it reminds me of the team I took over."
HE'S ADMITTING THAT THE TEAM IS NOW AS BAD AS IT WAS WHEN HE INHERITED IT!!!
I cannot believe that he has the audacity to say "I don't want to walk away with that team in this state." This proves that McHale has no earthly clue how to run a franchise, when in fact walking away is exactly what he should do.
Kevin McHale has ZERO ability to rectify a bad situation, but when it comes to making a bad situation worse, McHale is a WORLD FREAKIN' CHAMPION.

No comments: