Monday, February 14, 2005

Jeff: An Equally Baffled Response to the Jer...

Jer

My friend, we think so much alike it's scary. If only we could get Glen Taylor on the same wavelength. After feeling the same emotions of outrage and shock when I heard about the fate of "The (Flip) 'Nosis", my blame turned pretty quickly to McHale as well. Before I get to him, I need to reiterate your thoughts on how ridiculous it is that Flip got thrown under the bus for this. Take one look at this team and you can see Sprewell and Cassell are the problems here. They're not trying, and their whining and pouting are infecting other players. If Michael Olowakandi knew what planet he was on, it might affect him too. Not only that, we hear now that KG has been playing on an injured knee, but because he's what every athlete should strive to be, we've heard nothing about it until now because Garnett refuses to talk about it or even acknowledge it. Tell me, please, what coach could do any better with this group?

Now let me get this straight: you can't get anything for Sprewell or Cassell. Nobody will give you anything of value because of their attitudes and age. Cutting Sprewell is not a possibility here? His contract is up at year's end. He's doing nothing for the team and doesn't want to be there. Wouldn't cutting him show the rest of the guys that if you don't perform you're gone? Heck, I'll go a step further. I would have pulled a Jon Gruden with Keyshawn: tell Sprewell not to even report to work. Deactivate him, and then cut him right before the end of the season so that he's not eligble for anybody else's playoff roster. And I'd tell all of this to the media. You HAVE to play hardball here. You HAVE to send a message to your players that the team is more important. Firing Flip and keeping your problems around does just the opposite. The attitudes on this team are only going to get worse now because they know they can get away with it.

Finally, why are Wolves fans not asking for McHale's head now? Jer, you're bang on. Since he drafted KG, he made a horrible trade involving Marbury, let Googs walk for nothing, was as responsible or more so than Glen Taylor for the Joe Smith fiasco, and now this. HOW DOES THIS MAN STILL HAVE A JOB?!?!? Let's just say that IF McHale and Taylor are right in the statements they made about Flip's responsibility in all this. If that IS true, how is McHale not MORE responsible? I give up. Jer, help me, I think I'm hyperventilating.

breathing into a paper bag,
Jeff

1 comment:

Chris B. said...

Hey guys,

Just to let you know I'm still reading even though we all know I'm a horrible sports fan, would you care to give your two cents (four cents total) on the Fowler deal? Did we just get a little closer to moving the team to LA as some would say? Or is Fowler really going to make good on a new stadium?