Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Jeremy: To Jeff: Okay, Let Me Make Sure I Understand This

Jeff,
Okay, let me see if I understand what happened last night. The Wolves won their first game under McHale against a Nets team that I think everyone would have to agree, at least right now, is a far better squad than the Wolves. But, back the truck up, Olowokandi led the team in rebounds... AND POINTS!?!?!?! Really? Did that happen? Help me out here, Jeff. Am I crazy? Okay, I'm sold, McHale is a coaching genius!!!
Anybody who can get that stiff, that bump-on-a-log, that overpaid and under-producing tazered big man to produce, well, that person has got to get a little bit of respect. Doesn't he? Honestly, was he able to do that? Okay, that's enough McHale butt kissing because I am not that warm to him yet.
Here's the thing that really surprised me. A quote from KG that seems to not only be an endorsement for McHale, but a shot at Flip?
"He's like a breath of fresh air right now. He's given everybody from A to Z confidence."
Wow. Is that a shot? When I first read it, I certainly thought it was.
We seem to agree that McHale, not Flip, as far as team leaders, is to blame here, but were we too quick to judge? Were we, Jeff, heaven forbid, for the first time ever.... wrong?
Jeremy
p.s. Let's take a cue from Chris... what do you make of all this Vikings ownership business?

No comments: