Saturday, April 29, 2006

Jeremy: Dirty Pictures?

Jeffrick is fond of stating his belief that Kevin McHale must have some dirty pictures of Glen Taylor, or at least some kind of bribary technique that keeps Boss Taylor firmly in McHale's corner. It's an interesting theory for sure.
Well, I'm beginning to wonder whether Brad Radke might not have some equally incriminating pictures in his possession of Terry Ryan and Ron Gardenhire.
Let's quickly look at how Radke's season is going. Radke is 2-3, with an 8.89 ERA. He has given up at least 4 runs in each of his first 5 starts, 6 runs in each of his last three starts, and has allowed 10 homeruns. Friday night in Detroit, perhaps his most inept start of the year, Radke gave up 9 hits, 6 earned runs and 2 homeruns in 2 1/3 innings.
Now I'm not blaming the Twins problems on Brad Radke. Everybody knows that the pitching staff is squarly to blame for why this team has played from behind in every game so far this season, and surely Radke is not the only problem. Silva and Lohse each have ERA's over 8 as well.
But I just cannot seem to figure out why Terry Ryan and Gardie continue to speak so highly about Brad Radke.
I expect Radke to continue to do his best Glen Mason impression after a bad start: "I thought I threw the ball OK. A couple ground balls here, ground balls there. I gave up a couple home runs, but I thought those two pitches were decent pitches."
But even Gardie talks about Radke with glowing terms after a miserable outing: "It's Brad Radke. I've always had the utmost confidence in him, and I always will. When we've got Brad Radke on the mound, I always feel very good about our chances to win. And it hasn't changed. Until the day he retires, it won't change for me."
So, what exactly were you doing that was so incriminating in those dirty pictures that Brad has of you Ron?
I would like to point you to Gardie's first sentence, "It's Brad Radke." Yes, Gardie, thank you. It IS Brad Radke, and that is exactly why we are worried. Why aren't you?

No comments: