Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Jeremy: Muesday

*Thank to Jeff for commenting on baseball... that means that I don't have to. Look, I'm sure I've said this many times, but baseball just doesn't excite me, and my apathy seems to get worse every year. I will still follow and cheer for my hometown Twinkies, but that's about all I can muster.

*Congratulations to the Florida Gators for winning the most boring Final Four in the history of college basketball. Honestly, what a snoozer, huh? It's disappointing that after such an exciting and unpredictable first four rounds that the Final Four wasn't able to continue the trend. Despite battling a crippling headache, I was able to catch most of the second half of the championship game and Florida is just plain fun to watch. I know they were getting beaten like drum for most of the game, but seriously, could UCLA be any more boring? Defense is a great way to make a run for a championship, but when the defense fails you better be able to score. UCLA couldn't.

*Looks like the Vikes might be making a run for Falcons back-up QB Matt Schaub. Let me be the first to admit that I know very little about Schaub, but the idea has been swirling around the airwaves and the net that it might be worth giving up the 17th overall pick for Schaub. I've even heard it said that the Falcons might be looking for a first round pick, plus a second or third rounder to pair with it. Does this seam insane to anyone else? Schaub has a career 68.8 quarterback rating and a 49.3% completion percentage in two years behind Mike Vick, with 5 touchdowns and 4 interceptions. I'm not saying that you discount a guy like this because he hasn't gotten much experience and his numbers aren't spectacular, but I also don't think you give up the farm for him either.

*I think that what Brett Favre is doing to the Packers right now is just embarrassing. Of course the Packers owe a huge debt of gratitude to Favre for leading the franchise for the past decade or so, and bringing a Super Bowl trophy back to Titletown, but really, isn't the guy over playing his hand right now? The Packers are in a Catch-22. They need to be able to show Favre that they have a commitment to winning now, but without knowing if he is going to come back, they don't know where to spend the money. Being stuck with Aaron Rogers could be a good problem for the Packers to have if Favre does plan to opt out, but as much as the organization owes to Favre, he at least owes them the courtesy of a quick decision. Too late.
If you haven't checked out Pro Football Talk yet, I would highly suggest it. Just a great, and accurate, pro football site. The below picture is from Pro Football Talk... a look ahead to the Packers youth movement?

No comments: